November 9, 2010
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness!
We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in bold. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Donald Trump. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation.”
Do you live your life by moderation or extremes?
Moderation, definitely. Life’s too overwhelming the other way, and you can find plenty of ‘excitement’ along the way without being stupid about looking for it.
2. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.”
Have you ever thought someone was flirting with you in a work environment? What happened?
(Boy, talk abou EGO! He thinks they were ALL flirting with him? Settle down, Don - they were just staring at your awful hair!)
If anybody has flirted with me at work, I'm not aware of it.
3. “As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
Have you ever “thought big” and you wound up crashing and burning?
Heck no! My every venture is a GREAT success!
(Well, they WOULD be… IF I ever ventured)
4. “Everything in life is luck.”
Do you believe in luck? If not, do you feel it all happens to us for a reason?
Absolutely! But I also believe much of it is our own doing. (i.e. Karma)
5. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.”
Have you ever benefited big time because you declined an offer, investment, job (Well you get the idea)?
No. Most benefits come from TAKING offers, not in declining them.
6. “I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it.”
Tell us about someone that you know that has all the money they need.
My boss. Our ‘warehouse’ at work is basically just a garage to park his fancy cars.
7. “I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it's time America was run like a business.”
Do you think running your country like a business would be a good thing?
Our country has been run like a business for many years. It would be great if the people running the show weren’t so greedy and selfish about it.
8. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.”
Do you live in the past in any way?
I’ll have the occasional melancholy, reflective mood, but usually I stay in the here and now.
9. “If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.”
How are you at balancing work and pleasure?
Not too bad - I’m ‘working’ right now. (LOL!)
But Trump is full of crap! (Just like most rich people when they ‘wax philosophical’ about life) Not everybody has the leeway to change their working conditions to suit their taste.
Sure, they COULD quit and try to find a job that suits them better. But that’s a risky and unrealistic solution for regular folks who have bills to pay and mouths to feed.
Rich people can indulge such whims where others cannot, since there’s no real risk for them, and they can’t fathom the fact that everybody can’t do the same thing.
10.“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
Tell us about a time that you won the battle but lost the war.
I never lose. My battles are always well-planned and perfectly executed.
(Well, it sounded good!) Actually I avoid war at all costs. (So should everybody!)
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again.
Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment.
Join us next week for our next meme!