Followers

August 5, 2010

Thursday Thunks: Special Talents

Thursday Thunks: Special Talents


1. Do you have any special talents? Tell us about them.

Well, I have a talent for procrastinating and sometimes I-


2. What is your favorite sound?

I’ve always liked the sound of a heavy sigh with loose lips flapping.
(It also looks hilarious in slow-motion!)


3. What was your favorite TV show as a child or teen?

Lance Link: Secret Chimp


4. There are a lot of specialty TV networks now devoted to things like golf, gardening, shopping, game shows, sports, news and sci-fi. Do you have any favorite TV networks?

I dig The Discovery Channel... it’s Shark Week!


5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?

Re-runs of “Malcolm In The Middle”


6. Berleen is on the top of a mountain. How on earth did she get there and what was she doing?

She was shot there from a circus cannon after a slight 'miscalculation' in her weight.


7. Have you ever dreamt that you made love to someone you haven’t yet met?

Yes. It was an unknown beautiful girl and we were on the roof of my garage.
(I get out my ladder and check up there every once in awhile - still hoping!)


8. Berleen decides to run away and join the circus. What could you imagine her performing under the big top?

Not any more. (See answer 6)


9. What is your favorite sci-fi movie?

“The Matrix”   Besides being such a cool sci-fi/spiritual/kung-fu action film, there are a couple of little things I get a kick out of...

There’s something I like to call “The Bill & Ted Moment” when Keanu Reeves sees Morpheus jump WAAAY across two rooftops and says “Whoa!” just like he did in “Billl & Ted’s Excellent Adventure”  (It’s something he does in every film... honest!)


There’s also what I call “Neo Logic” that came from this exchange:

Trinity: “Neo, no one has ever done anything like this.”
Neo: “That's why it's going to work.”


By this line of reasoning, anything that’s never been done before must work:

Neo: “I’m going to stop that charging elephant with this lemon!”
Trinity: “Neo, no one has ever done anything like this.”
Neo: “That's why it's going to work.”


See? Neo Logic!



10. What is your favorite reality show?

I used to enjoy “Doing DaVinci" on The Discovery Channel. It was set up as a competition between two teams of guys – mechanics, engineers, welders, etc. – who’d create things based on original Leonardo DaVinci designs. It didn’t last long - I blame the producers for over-hyping the rivalry and the ‘friction’ between the team members instead of focusing on the cool, crazy contraptions.


11. Bud says he is on vacation. What do you think he is doing?

You mean Cool Bud? Last I heard he was hanging at the beach with Spicoli catching some tasty waves.


12. When shopping at the grocery store, do you always return your cart?

Almost always, which is why I usually try to park by the cart return.


13. Do you take compliments well?

Not really.  When you’re as great as I am, you're constantly bombarded with compliments.  It  justgot old having to say, “Thank you" all the time, y’know?




(I'm kidding, of course...  I still say "Thank you" every time)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Christopher Cross! I picked the Matrix as well. Love the Neo Logic. Cheers, Bubba!

    Debster
    http://wp.me/pRYvi-3d

    ReplyDelete

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.