Followers

January 3, 2014

Last Resolution

Another year has passed
Very much like the last
More lessons were learned
A few fingers burned
Now it’s time for solutions
To make new resolutions
To strive for improvement
Through uplifting movement
But, once past the pale
Most resolutions, they fail
Then I found, long ago
A new path I could go
A new way I could live
Where I’d get what I give
No more promises to keep
No more failures to weep
Just accept what may come
And hope I will grow some
Doing rather than hoping
A better manner of coping
A better promise now resolved
With all future ones dissolved
Not just giving, nor all taking
A measure of fate I’m making
And I ended my confusion
With that one last resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.