Followers

September 21, 2011

Cyclical


Here we go ‘round again
Another year is falling

Gone are those hazy days of
Cicada buzz-drone calling

Summer urgings slower now
Grown cooler with its passing

Time to stoke our fires anew
As autumn comes a-sassing

Playfully dancing on the breeze
Bright leaves go a-tumbling

Soon enough we’ll see white stuff
And grab our shovels, grumbling

We’ll cuddle up beside the fire
And drink some nice hot toddies

Until the spring reveals new green
And us, our pasty bodies

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait. I can't wait. Still a long way off here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we got autumn here. Our winter is basically autumn, but not much in the way of colors. Drink it in for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I already have a pasty body and proud of it. What a nice way to bring in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love it. Very well written. :-)

    Here in the swamps, the first thing to change this time of year is the light. It becomes crystal clear and everything looks magically lit from behind. I've got one Spider Lily (Autumn's calling card, it is)! The temps are supposed to be much cooler this weekend and I can't wait. This is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice painting of seasons' changes,
    love the word flow.

    ReplyDelete

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.