Followers

January 18, 2011

The Curse Of A Soft Heart

I am cursed with a soft heart
Harsh words or deeds tear me apart
In contrast, soft words, gentle art
Have me longing from the start

Over the years I tried and tried
To build a mighty wall inside
A fortress strong for me to hide
A place where pain would be denied

But hearts soft as mine wither soon
Without the sun, without the moon
Without a lovely dancer’s tune
Without the lake-call of the loon

So I go, from time to time
Without melody, without rhyme
But soon the bells begin to chime
And out of bed again I'll climb

If you would be a friend to me
Take my heart, oh, but gently
Hold it close and tenderly
And let us fly together free

2 comments:

  1. i'll fly with you, ya softie. kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a strength in softness ... giving a little and bending in the wind is perhaps a better solution than developing the brittleness that so often comes as part and parcel of hardness. I'd rather be soft, but with hardness as an option ... sort of like a klingon cloaking device to be deployed at short notice in extremis! xx Jos

    ReplyDelete

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.