Rock 'n Roll Fridays!
We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked U2. The song lyrics are in bold.
1. ANGEL OF HARLEM: “Blue light on the avenue, God knows they got to you. Empty glass, the lady sings, eyes swollen like a bee sting. Blinded, you lost your way…”
What were you drinking the last time you got drunk?
(Or were those White Russians?)
2. BEAUTIFUL DAY: “You love this town even if it doesn’t ring true, you’ve been all over and it’s been all over you”
What do you like about your favorite town/city?
My family's favorite town is Frankenmuth, Michigan. It's a bit ‘touristy’ but it’s quaint and friendly and lots of fun. There are plenty of interesting shops to visit, the downtown area is always clean and decorated (flowers, Christmas, etc.) and the restaurants have great food! We visit there frequently
3. DESIRE: “Desire. She’s the candle burnin’ in my room, yeah I’m like the needle, the needle and the spoon. Over the counter, with a shotgun pretty soon, everybody’s got one, I’m in a fever when I’m beside her”…
What do YOU desire right now?
I’d really like more people to Follow my three blogs!
(Especially my under-appreciated Photo blog!)
4. I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR: “I have climbed the highest mountains, I have run thru the fields, Only to be with you, I have run, I have crawled, I have scaled these city walls, only to be with you…”
How do you exercise?
I jump to conclusions, have knee-jerk reactions, bend over backwards to please people and have a run-away imagination. (Actually, the most exercise I get regularly is bowling)
5. NEW YEAR’S DAY “All is quiet on New Year’s Day. A world in white gets underway. I want to be with you be with you night and day. Nothing changes on New Year’s Day”
What was your most eventful New Year’s Day? Did anything change?
I don‘t do much on New Year’s Day because it’s always cold and nothing is open. I also don't go out on New Year's Eve, since it's basically 'amateur night' and I don't want to have any drunk drivers crashing into me. I'm usually asleep by midnight.
6. ONE: “Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you nevr had love and you want me to go without. Well, it’s too late tonight to drag the past out into the light. We’re one but we’re not the same.”
What has left a bad taste in YOUR mouth lately?
Nothing comes to mind.
(I’m picky what I put in my mouth!)
7. PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE): “Early morning April 4, shot rings out in the Memphis sky. Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride. In the name of love.”
This song was about Martin Luther King, Jr. Who is YOUR inspiration?
Robert Frost. He evoked such depth of feeling with the simplest phrases. Through reading his work I’ve really come to appreciate his wit and storytelling abilities.
8. SECONDS: “In an apartment in Times Square you can assemble them anywhere. Held to ransom, hell to pay, a revolution every day”
What was the last club, group or gang you joined?
I have a card in my wallet that I get initialed every time I order a different beer at Ashley’s, a local restaurant/brew pub. With enough 'points' I can get a free t-shirt or other stuff. (That’s as close as I get to being a joiner)
9. SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY: “And it’s true we are immune when fact is fiction and TV reality. And today the millions cry. We eat and drink while tomorrow we die.”
What is your favorite “Reality” TV Show?
“Biggest Loser” is a family favorite, although lately we’ve been enjoying “American Pickers”
10. SURRENDER: “She tried to be a good girl and a good wife, raise a good family, lead a good life. It’s not good enough. She got herself up on the 48th floor. Gotta find outfind out what she’s living for”
What are/were the 3 best qualities of your mother?
1. Mom always thinks of others and likes to buy little things for people.
2. Mom likes to cook when people come to visit; nobody goes hungry at mom’s.
3. Mom keeps in touch with everybody and lets us know who’s doing what.
11. THE SWEETEST THING: “My love, she throws me like a rubber ball. Oh the sweetest thing. But she won’t catch me or break my fall. Oh the sweetest thing. Baby’s got blue skies up ahead, but in this, I’m a raincloud.”
What is the coldest, harshest thing you ever did to a significant other/partner/husband/wife?
I forgot my wife’s birthday this year and didn’t get her anything.
I’ll never be allowed to live that one down! (Nor should I)
12. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE: “These city lights, they shine as silver and gold. Dug from the night, your eyes as black as coal. Walk on by, walk on through, walk till you run and don’t look back”
What was the last night time activity YOU participated in?
I stayed out on my front porch for a few hours photographing the full moon.
13. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU: “See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side. I wait for you. Sleight of hand and twist of fate, On a bed of nails she makes me wait, and I wait without you”
What is your favorite magic trick?
I've always appreciated a good card trick. Pick a card, any card...
Thanks for checking out our Friday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!