September 22, 2010
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness.
We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in bold. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked William Shatner. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “Captain Kirk has been a source of pleasure and income a long time now.” Who is your favorite Star Trek character of all time including all the shows and movies? Why?
I haven’t watched ALL the television series, nor seen all the movies. (I kinda lost interest after the first couple of seasons of ‘Next Generation’ but I watched plenty of the original series)
I had always found Spock’s un-erringly logical approach particularly (as he would say) fascinating. But Data’s innocence and matter-of-factness in his ongoing quest to become ‘more human’ made ‘Next Generation’ quite entertaining. So I’ll have to go with Mr. Data. (He preferred to be addressed as “Mr. Data”)
2. “But if you want to know the truth, the weirdest thing that has happened has been my discovery that people who attend conventions are filled with love.” What was the last public gathering that you attended where you “felt the love“?
It was at a Black Crowes concert earlier this year. The crowd was really ‘into’ the music and the band responded to the vibe. A great show, even despite having to stand up the entire time.
3. “How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” What do you do to stay youthful?
I try to find the humor in everything... laughter really is the best medicine.
(And I TOTALLY believe that Shatner drinks the blood of young runaways!)
4. “I think acting satisfies the need and desire for approval.” What in life gives you a feeling of approval?
I get lots of nice compliments on my posts in my three blogs. I also get accolades for various culinary feats like chili, baklava, jerkies and apple pie.
5. “No I don’t regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don’t regret anything.” What is a decision that you have made that others thought you’d regret, but you haven’t?
I can’t think of any decisions I’ve made that others thought I’d regret.
(Of course, it helps if you avoid making decisions in the first place!)
6. “If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” When did you last get asked when you made a fool of yourself? (Extra points if you guess the correct meme.)
It was last Wednesday! Cher’s Wednesday Wickedness!
Oh boy! How many extra points do I get? Did I win? What do I win?
( I never knew we were getting points!)
7. “One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.” What is the best advice that you’ve ignored?
I don’t get advice very often. But I’ve been known to offer-up plenty of it - usually without being asked. (Maybe I should start an 'Ask Bubba' column blog?)
8. “I’ve never had green alien sex, although I’m sure it will be quite an evening!” What did you do the last time that you had “quite an evening”?
I think this question pretty much answers itself, doesn’t it?
(Except perhaps for when: Sunday!)
9. “Don’t just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.” Describe your perfect meal.
It’s really hard to pick just one ‘perfect’ meal when you appreciate a wide variety of foods. (I have the darndest time picking from a menu - worse if I’m very hungry)
So here’s just one good meal:
Start with a little shrimp cocktail appetizer and a bright pilsner to cleanse the palate. Next, a small Caesar salad with a little extra parmesan cheese and freshly-ground black pepper. Then a warm buttered roll with ice water while waiting for the main entrée: T-bone steak, grilled medium-rare with sautéed onions and mushrooms, creamed spinach, cheddar potato puffs and some sweet cranberry relish. Followed by with a nice mellow stout or creamy Belgian ale. Lastly, for dessert, hot apple pie.
(Either ala mode or with a slice of sharp cheddar - I can’t decide!)
10. “For commercial reasons, we stayed away from advancing the theory of God.” Are there topics that you stay away from on your blog to remain non-controversial?
No, I pretty much write whatever I want to write. I may not bother with some topics that don’t interest me, but if I feel like posting something I just do it. There will always be somebody who takes exception to anything you post, but I’m not here to drum up followers nor make enemies. My blog is just for me; if others happen to enjoy it too, that’s a bonus.
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!