Followers

August 27, 2010

Rock 'n Roll Fridays: Elvis



Hi and welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick an singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!


Today we picked Elvis. The song titles are in caps. Both the titles and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!

 

1. A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION “A little less conversation, a little more action please All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me A little more bite and a little less bark A little less fight and a little more spark Shut your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me (satisfy me) Satisfy me baby”

What is your favorite topic for long conversations?

The meaning of life (and whether there really is one).



2. TEDDY BEAR “Baby let me be, your lovin' Teddy Bear Put a chain around my neck, and lead me anywhere Oh let me be Your teddy bear."

What was your favorite stuffed animal or comfort object as a child?

I had a teddy bear.  (Thank you very much)



3. SUSPICIOUS MINDS “We can’t go on together With suspicious minds And we can’t build our dreams On suspicious minds…”

What are you suspicious of?

I’m wary of anyone who seem too needy or too anxious to be liked by everyone.



4. THE WONDER OF YOU “When no one else can understand me… When everything I do is wrong… You give me hope and consolation… You give me strength to carry on…”

What is the best feature of your present or last S/O?

Her compassion towards others.  She's very caring.



5. ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT “Do the chairs in your parlor Seem empty and bare? Do you gaze at your doorstop and picture me there? Is your heart filled with pain? Shall I come back again? Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?”

What is your favorite feel good movie when you are depressed?

I don’t generally turn to movies to cheer up, but I always get a kick out of watching “The Great Outdoors”.



6. JAILHOUSE ROCK “Let’s Rock Everybody let’s rock Everybody in the whole cell block Was dancing to the jailhouse rock”…

What would be the worst part about being in prison?

Being away from my family & friends, my life.



7. CLAMBAKE “Hey listen world you’ve gotta know I’m cutting loose and letting go Who needs the worry and the strife Life can be a ball now just following my life Clambake…gonna have a clambake…”

What is your favorite food cooked out of doors (on a fire/ grill/ pit)?

Cheeseburgers!



8. . IN THE GHETTO "As the snow flies on a cold and gray Chicago morn A poor little baby child is born in the ghetto And his mama cries cause if there’s one thing that she don’t need Is another hungry mouth to feed in the ghetto..."

Where was the worst place you ever lived?

(From what mom told me) we lived in my grandmother’s tiny, damp basement when I was an infant.  I don’t actually remember it, but all my other homes have been nice enough, so I can’t say any of them were the worst.



9. LOVE ME TENDER “Love me tender, Love me sweet, Never let me go, You have made my life complete, And I love you so”…

What is your favorite type of filling in a box of mixed chocolates?

Probably coconut, although I’m pretty liberal when it comes to chocolates. But I always liked the ‘Messenger Boy’ in the Whitman’s Sampler, even though it’s not filled with anything.



10. BLUE SUEDE SHOES “Well it’s one for the money, Two for the show, three to get ready now go cat go, But don’t you step on my blue suede shoes Well you can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes…”

Describe your favorite pair of shoes of all time.

I’m a man.  I don’t have an ‘all-time favorite’ pair of shoes.  Now boots?  That’s another matter! My LaCrosse hunting boots are just plain awesome! Warm, comfortable, durable. (I’ve had them over 20 years!)



11. HOUND DOG “You ain’t nothion but a hound dog, Cryin all the time, You ain’t nothing but a hound dog, Cryin all the time, You ain’t never caught a rabbit And you ain’t no friend of mine”…

What is your favorite dog breed, or what kind of dog do you own?

I've got a Daschund named Joey and a Basset Hound named Dexter.


12. ALL SHOOK UP “A wella bless my soul, What’s wrong with me? I’m itchin like a cat on a fuzzy tree, My friends say I’m actin wild as a bug, I’m in love I’m all shook up, Oh oh oh…mm, mmm, oh yeah yeah!”

What shook you up recently?

I had a minor accident while driving. I merged right into a little car that flew up from my blind spot. I turned back quickly, but not before knocking off their sideview mirror. We pulled over and I walked over to check. The driver was a young girl who was on her phone crying when I walked up. I felt pretty bad, but there was no real damage done and nobody got hurt. (Except I got a ticket) I certainly drove away with a heightened sense of caution.



13. HARD HEADED WOMAN “A-Well a hard headed woman, A soft hearted man, Been the cause of trouble, Ever since the world began oh Yeah!”

What are you most stubborn about?

Probably giving up in an argument when I know the other person just isn’t understanding what I’m saying. It aggravates me when I encounter the stubbornness born of ignorance. I’ll be the first to admit if/when I’m not certain of something. But when I know, I KNOW… and I’m RIGHT, darn it!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea and responses! I would like to play, but I'm supposed to be working …

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my
    this is interesting... and the dogs so sweeeet!
    D.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your puppies are very cute.

    I'm going to recreate the teddy bear I had as a child. I wore that thing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey and Dexter are adorable!

    I love "The Great Outdoors" and I love "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" - my go to movies to make me laugh. I miss John Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I miss him too. One of the first times I remember being sorrowed by the death of a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Candy was amazing. Cute pics of your four legged friends. Glad you played this Friday.

    Debster

    My answers are here if you want to take a peek...

    http://wp.me/pRYvi-61

    ReplyDelete

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.