Followers

August 17, 2010

De Nomination













Okay, so there's this blog award nomination thing, right?  And The Rules dictate that, to accept the award, one must do the following:


- Thank the person who gave me the award.
- Copy the award to my blog.
- Link to their blog.
- List seven things about myself.
- Nominate ten bloggers, providing a link to each one.
- Let them know they've been tagged.


Normally I distain such ‘chain-letter’ tactics (especially when they involve so much work on my part!), but I’ll be a good sport this time, because I get to help promote some of the interesting bloggers I’ve run across.


So, thanks to ME for nominating my blog!  (No, I didn’t just recommend my own blog... please check out HER blog!)



Seven Random Things About Me

1. I love looking for seashells and interesting rocks on the beach, something I got to do this weekend: Petoskey Stone

2. I have a small (but growing) collection of Buddha figures and various other ‘oriental’ things.  (See examples below)
Six Little Buddhas
Buddha Water Globe

3. Photography is a favorite hobby of mine. I’m always the ‘uncle with the camera’ at family gatherings. As many of you already know, I have a blog just for my photographs: Bifocal Univision

4. I really enjoy fishing! I don’t get to go very often (mostly due to lack of planning on my part) but I wet my line whenever I can! I recently acquired a ‘new’ fishing boat, a late 1960’s-era 14-foot Lund rowboat. It has ALL of its semi-annual state boat permit stickers, all the way back to 1968, which I thought was pretty neat. I’m going to ‘restore’ it to its original colors (or as close as I can match them) with a few coats of paint, put a name on the back (I’m still thinking about that one) and get it back out there fishing.

5. I like to cook and bake. I enjoy tweaking recipes until I get them just the way I want them. I make a pretty good chili (never the same twice – still playing with ideas), I can flip an omelet with the best of ‘em, and make an apple pie that’ll knock your socks off.

6. I love music and my musical tastes are fairly eclectic. I listen to music all day at work and when driving. I have so many CDs that I lost count long ago, plus the thousands of ‘electronic’ files I have on computers, MP3 players, etc.

7. I dig rollercoaster and other thrill rides. When I win the lottery (and I’m GOING to win, darn it!) I’m going to travel the country (heck, the world!) and visit all the amusement parks I can find.



Ten Bloggers of Note:
(Rather than me offering biased descriptions, you can form your own opinions)

1. Wrap your head with this material…

2. The Poetry Bus

3. Talon

4. iLove Photography Reviews

5. shay’s word garden

6. Dragonfly’s Poetry & Prolixity

7. House of Lime

8. G-Man (a.k.a. Mr. Knowitall)

9. No More Eggshells

10. One Stop Poetry

11. Bug’s Eye View

12. Jingle
 
 
Whew!  Okay, now I've gotta go 'notify' all those nice people.

But it'll all be worth it once I get that big check!

(Wait, what?  There's no check?  Aw, man!)

13 comments:

  1. Interesting facts. It was nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Ace!

    Everybody should also check out Ace's Blog Paint Splotches

    (Why'd they limit me to just 10?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are always fun to get to know fellow bloggers a bit. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See what I mean? Monkey Man - another Blogger worth checking out!

    (Yet nobody that I nominated has commented!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice. i like fishing as well...caught an 18 inch catfish last saturday....and that is no fish tail...smiles.

    thanks for including oneshot in there! hope to see you tonight for OSW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! :)

    I'll be sure and check out your recommendations later. Boy, you've made me feel bad that I only dragged out 3. Tell you what, you can have the other 7 that I didn't use. :)

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow,
    thanks a million for thinking of me...
    what a pleasant surprise...
    u rock!
    BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee Eric. Thanks man! I'm honored. But can we agree to agree on the no chain letter type tactics? Just sayin. I don't wear green on St. Patricks day either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fanks, Mister. I see several names I know on your list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Eric...
    Much Obliged...
    I'm not sure that I'm High Tech enough to fullfill your requests....Galen

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, eric. when i get around to posting the responses to this don't be shocked by what you see, ok? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award! I am late getting here and I apologize. My Mother is visiting (she just celebrated her 85th birthday) and my computer time has been limited. I want some of that killer apple pie next time you make some!

    I used to fish with my dad and loved it. My youngest son adores fishing and takes every chance he can to sink his lines, too.

    I recognize some of these blogs - Hey, Shay! - and I'll have to check out the ones I haven't had the pleasure of getting acquainted with yet. Thanks so much, Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/haiku-struggle-plus-belated-birthdays-awards/

    good evening,

    three awards,
    plus help with

    Belated Birthday wishes to three friends, including your son…

    what a busy day!

    ReplyDelete

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.