Okay, so there's this blog award nomination thing, right? And The Rules dictate that, to accept the award, one must do the following:
- Thank the person who gave me the award.
- Copy the award to my blog.
- Link to their blog.
- List seven things about myself.
- Nominate ten bloggers, providing a link to each one.
- Let them know they've been tagged.
Normally I distain such ‘chain-letter’ tactics (especially when they involve so much work on my part!), but I’ll be a good sport this time, because I get to help promote some of the interesting bloggers I’ve run across.
So, thanks to ME for nominating my blog! (No, I didn’t just recommend my own blog... please check out HER blog!)
Seven Random Things About Me
1. I love looking for seashells and interesting rocks on the beach, something I got to do this weekend: Petoskey Stone
2. I have a small (but growing) collection of Buddha figures and various other ‘oriental’ things. (See examples below)
Six Little Buddhas
Buddha Water Globe
3. Photography is a favorite hobby of mine. I’m always the ‘uncle with the camera’ at family gatherings. As many of you already know, I have a blog just for my photographs: Bifocal Univision
4. I really enjoy fishing! I don’t get to go very often (mostly due to lack of planning on my part) but I wet my line whenever I can! I recently acquired a ‘new’ fishing boat, a late 1960’s-era 14-foot Lund rowboat. It has ALL of its semi-annual state boat permit stickers, all the way back to 1968, which I thought was pretty neat. I’m going to ‘restore’ it to its original colors (or as close as I can match them) with a few coats of paint, put a name on the back (I’m still thinking about that one) and get it back out there fishing.
5. I like to cook and bake. I enjoy tweaking recipes until I get them just the way I want them. I make a pretty good chili (never the same twice – still playing with ideas), I can flip an omelet with the best of ‘em, and make an apple pie that’ll knock your socks off.
6. I love music and my musical tastes are fairly eclectic. I listen to music all day at work and when driving. I have so many CDs that I lost count long ago, plus the thousands of ‘electronic’ files I have on computers, MP3 players, etc.
7. I dig rollercoaster and other thrill rides. When I win the lottery (and I’m GOING to win, darn it!) I’m going to travel the country (heck, the world!) and visit all the amusement parks I can find.
Ten Bloggers of Note:
(Rather than me offering biased descriptions, you can form your own opinions)
1. Wrap your head with this material…
2. The Poetry Bus
4. iLove Photography Reviews
5. shay’s word garden
6. Dragonfly’s Poetry & Prolixity
7. House of Lime
8. G-Man (a.k.a. Mr. Knowitall)
9. No More Eggshells
10. One Stop Poetry
11. Bug’s Eye View
Whew! Okay, now I've gotta go 'notify' all those nice people.
But it'll all be worth it once I get that big check!
(Wait, what? There's no check? Aw, man!)