1. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.”
Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
I believe a positive attitude can definitely take one far in life, but I also feel we have very limited control over the world around us.
2. “You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above.”
What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
3. “Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.”
Would you want to be rich?
I’d like to have enough money to not worry about the monthly bills ever again, but not so rich that it becomes who I am. In many regards, I’m richer than lots of people.
4. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.”
Tell us about a song that helps you "face the world."
“The Spirit of Radio” by Rush. I used to play it as my morning alarm. “Begin the day with a friendly voice…”
5. “In America everything's about who's number one today.”
Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
There were TONS of bands in the 80’s that turned out to be one-hit-wonders. But more often I’m surprised at the longevity of people who’s actual talent quotient is amazingly low.
6. “Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?”
Has any dream of yours come true?
No, but I’m still hoping – especially for that flying dream!
7. “Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.”
What would you change if you became the president?
That’s a HUGE question, so I’ll just summarize: No political parties, no electoral college, no special interest groups, no pork barrels, less taxes and a lot less government in general.
8. "Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that everybody's different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous."
How do you feel about gay rights?
EVERYBODY should be treated equally, period. Separation and equality cannot co-exist.
9. " It's a sad man my friend who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company."
Have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
Of course, just like everybody. I disappoint myself when I lack conviction or confidence.
10. "The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with."
What's your favorite type of music? What's your favorite band?
I like a wide variety of music, but my wheelhouse is rock-n-roll. (Although, despite inspiring these questions, I’m not a Springsteen fan) My favorite band is Rush.