Followers

August 29, 2013

My Friend

You are my friend

This may seem
A strange claim
For me to make
Since we have never met

But you are, just the same

You are here/there
Reading my words
And giving me your time
And some space in your mind

If only temporarily

I placed these words here/there
And you‘ve picked them up
To juggle them in your head
To find some sense of me

Then you know me, be it a little

What greater gift could you give
Than a portion of your time
This briefest bit of attention
This small measure of acceptance

For we each have only so much to give

Though we may soon separate
Or never again cross paths
You were here/there now
You gave to me part of your life

And, thus, you are my friend

1 comment:

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.