Followers

April 25, 2012

What I’m Working On


My job, as a parent, is to adequately prepare my child for the real world.


Everything will not just be handed to him for free; he’ll have to earn his way.


He won’t get to do whatever, whenever he wants to do it; he'll have responsibilities.


Things will not always be made ‘fair’ for him; life is rarely as fair as we’d like it.


He will be held accountable for his own words and actions, both good and bad. 


He will need to handle disappointments, major or minor, without my assistance.


I need to teach him the skills needed to be self-sufficient and ready for the world.


I must remember that I’m not doing him (or anyone) any favors if I do everything for him, fix all of his problems and basically live his life for him.  That’s not my job, it’s his.


My job is to make him ready to be an adult, so he, in turn, can teach his children (etc, etc).

1 comment:

You may put in your 2¢ worth, but I'll only pay you a penny for your thoughts.