September 1, 2010
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Marilyn Monroe. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." When are you are at you’re best?
I think I’m at my best when I’m helping others; with proof-reading, for instance... (Psst! Re-read that question!)
2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Do you ever think that you are boring?
That depends on who is passing judgment. My son gets bored whenever I make him come along on a chore run or anything else that’s not done on X-Box.
3. "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left." Did you ever break off a relationship because you wanted to be the one to do it?
Nope, I've always been the dump-ee.
4. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone." Do you feel that she is correct?
I don’t think so... after all, she did commit suicide... alone.
5. "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?" What was the last thing that you didn’t plan on doing but then thought, “What the hell!”?
I can’t recall a specific incidence, but that’s probably because I have a ‘What the hell’ attitude most of the time. (See next question/answer)
6. "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." Do you have any major regrets?
I used to have regrets, but I gave them all away years ago.
7. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." What do you wear to bed?
Usually just underwear, unless it’s really cold and I break out the flannel pajamas.
8. "It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Have you ever pretended to be someone you are not because it was easier?
I don’t like to put on airs because it’s basically dishonest, and it can actually be mor tiring to keep up a pretense. I’m pretty much myself in most situations, with the (only occasional) exception of being somewhat more reserved in unfamiliar situations.
9. "I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing." Are you usually on time for events or appointments?
I’ve gotten better since marrying a woman who’s rarely late to anything, but I used to be much more lax about it.
10. "Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about." What makes you smile?
A nice fall day spent looking at the changing leaf colors. Kids laughing and playing. Puppies. Fireworks. A really good beer. (Gee, I could go on and on!)
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!