1. Would you rather have a pet hippo or a pet elephant?
A hippo, since they’re smaller and eat less... and (presumably) make other things smaller and/or less, as well.
2. Why do you think bananas are shaped the way they are?
So they’ll fit into banana-split bowls better, of course!
3. In one word (OK, you can go three to four MAX) , what do most people describe you as?
Awesome! (Yet so humble!)
4. Choice (stupid but a choice…): Loss of vision, ability to speak or hearing - which do you choose? (you have to choose one....) It's like a law. But we can't make you.
I’d lose my ability to speak. As long as my hands still work, I could communicate well enough. (Although, if I couldn’t see and hear, there wouldn’t be much to talk about)
5. Do you like lemons? Do you use them to clean with or just as a food source? Or are you saving them up for 2012?
Yes. They’re strictly food unless the cleaning product I’m using just happens to have lemon in it. No, I am not hording lemons! I am obeying the Government’s 2012 Citizen-Readiness Handbook rationing guidelines. (Honest!)
6. When you are feeling icky with that sickness feeling, what is your first choice for feel-better medicine?
Thera-Flu is pretty good, since you make it hot and drink it, like a hot toddy for the ailing. The only drawback is that it doesn’t last long enough. (That’s why I boost its effect with bourbon!)
7. You are starving. You have not had anything to eat for days. In front of you is poison ivy, a live hissing cockroach, and a rotten stinky piece of some sort of mystery meat to eat. Which would you pick and why?
Well, since I’m related to gorillas in some distant manner (or maybe not so distant, according to those rude people at the beach!), and gorillas eat stinging nettles, which are related to poison ivy in some distant manner, I’d choose the poison ivy. (Wait, how did you know I was so hungry?)
8. Who was the last person you bought a present for? What was it? Will you buy Berleen one?
My wife. It was a set of blue Rachel Ray Ramekin bowls she wanted. (Berleen can get her own here: QVC)
9. Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (If you don't have kids, feel free to explain to the other players why you chose the “no kids“ choice. Yea. I know. Those who have children will NEVER get it. And no, don‘t explain it…)
1. I want my son to learn that where he goes in life depends mostly on the choices he makes along the way.
2. I want my son to learn how to deal with difficulties effectively.
3. I want my son to learn to live life as fully (yet safely) as possible.
10. What was your favorite toy as a child? What happened to it?
My favorite toy was a car called an SST. It had a weighted fly wheel and a zip-strip to feed through and yank out to launch it. I had several of them. I’m sure most of them ended up broken, because my friends and I raced them, jumped ramps with them and generally treated them roughly. (Just like we did with all of our other toys… and our bikes… and our little brothers)
11. If you could paint your house ANY color you wanted and your friends, family & neighbors would love the color from the moment they saw it, what would it be?
Midnight blue. There are way too many beige, brown, yellow and white houses in my neighborhood. I know blue isn’t that radical, but I don’t think I could pull off fluorescent orange (it would make my house look fat), it would take too long to paint the whole house plaid, and camouflage isn’t a color.
12. If the Pillsbury Dough Boy got into a fight with Mrs. Butterworth who would win? And would anybody get hurt? And do we seem desperate even asking?
I’d hope Mrs. Buttersworth would flatten that doughy little pest! She could roll him out and bake him into biscuits for all I care. (That ‘giggle’ of his is so annoying!)
And no, you don’t sound desperate. It’s a legitimate question, just like “Who would win in a fight – Aquaman or Hawkman?”
13. What was the last thing you would guess that Kimber took a picture of?
Probably something naughty! ;)
(Just kidding! I have no idea what Kimber would photograph!)
And, speaking of photographs: The Zoo
(I posted these just yesterday - what a coincidence!)
Thursday Thunks arrive each Thursday here: Thursday Thunks