Hi and welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays!
We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick an singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
1. WILD BOYS: “You got sirens for a welcome, there’s bloodstain for your pain and your telephone been ringin while you’re dancing in the rain”
If you have been in a car accident, what happened?
I had a little fender-bender recently. I was driving in the left lane behind a very slow person. I looked back in the right lane and, seeing nobody there, started to change lanes; A car was in my blind spot. I saw them at the last second and desperately swerved left to go back into that lane, but the side of my car hit their mirror. Nobody got hurt, but my car still has the dent an scratches.
2. UNION OF THE SNAKE: “There’s a fine line drawing my senses together and I think it’s about to break. If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh oh oh! Voices in your body coming thru on the radio, ho ho.”
Do you believe people hear voices or have guardian angels?
Well, of course some people hear voices; they’re called loonies! (LOL!) I guess I believe in guardian angels the same way I believe in God; there’s a distinct possibility, but I can’t say positively one way or the other. (Although some people definitely seem to have them!)
3. SAVE A PRAYER: “You saw me standing by the wall, corner of a main street and the lights were flashin on your windowsill. All alone ain’t much fun, so you’re lookin for the thrill and you know just what it takes and where to go."
Where is a happening place for you to go?
A ‘happening’ place? (Hey, everywhere I go is happening!) I tend to avoid such places, as they’re usually over-crowded and I hate dealing with ignorance en-masse.
But there’s a small town just a little bit north of me called Frankenmuth, Michigan. Frankenmuth was founded in 1845 by a group of fifteen German-Lutheran missionaries who came to this area for the purpose of teaching Christianity to the Chippewa Indians.
These days it’s a popular tourist destination and, despite being a bit too ‘touristy’ (especially around Christmas, when it’s really ‘happening’ there), it’s quaint and charming. My family and I go there quite often. Great food, great beer, lots of fun places to shop.
If nothing else, you’ve gotta check out the world’s largest Christmas store, Bronner’s; it’ll definitely get you in a holiday mood.
4. RIO: “I’ve seen you on the beach and I’ve seen you on TV two of a billion stars, it means so much to me, like a birthday or a pretty view but then I’m sure you know it’s just for you”.
Who do you admire based solely on their appearance?
Country singer Clint Black: He’s got a great smile!
5. THE REFLEX: “You gone too far this time, but I’m dancing on the valentine. I tell you somebody’s fooling around with my chances on the dangerline. I’ll cross that bridge when I find it another day to make my stand".
What is the worst thing a lover has done that you forgave them for?
How about I reverse this one: I forgot my wife’s birthday this past June. She forgave me... but believe me, she'll never let me forget it!
6. ORDINARY WORLD: “Well now pride’s gone out the window cross the rooftops, run away, left me in the vacuum of my heart. What is happening to me? Crazy, some’d say, 'Where is my friend when I needed you most?' Gone away.”
Do you still keep in touch with your best friend from high school/university?
One of my best friends from high school is now my brother-in-law; I see him plenty.
7. NEW MOON ON MONDAY: “Last time la luna. I light my torch and wave it for the New moon on Monday and a firedance through the night. I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite."
Does the full moon make you act crazy?
No! I’ve always thought it silly that people blame lunar cycles for acting crazy.
(The moon is always there - quit using it as some sort of cosmic excuse!)
8. KHANADA: “Don't play with me, I've nothing to lose Khanada I'll get by. It ain't no ones day, coming so soon Khanada I'll get by. I dont believe in dragons or blues Khanada I'll get by. I don't believe in nobody's rules Khanada I'll get by”
Do you believe in dragons or blues?
My Chinese zodiac sign is the Dragon, so of course I believe!
(Okay, not really - but dragons are cool!)
Yes, I believe in the blues - I’ve heard them, felt them and even played them on my guitar once in awhile.
PS: They spelled Canada wrong.
9. HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF: “In touch with the ground. I'm on the hunt, I'm after you. Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd and I'm hungry like the wolf”
What do you smell like right now?
A mixture of Dove soap, Aussie coconut shampoo, and Giorgio men's cologne.
(I'll be collecting my check for these product plugs later)
10. HOLD BACK THE RAIN: “Okay go off and wander. I'm guilty just the same. Sometimes you're needed badly, so please come back again”
What are you recently guilty about?
(Recently guilty OF, perhaps? Or FEEL guilty about?)
I’ve been slacking off at work the past few days, while the boss was out of town.
11. GIRLS ON FILM: “There's a camera rolling on her back on her back and I sense the rhythms humming in a frenzy all the way down her spine”
If offered 1 Million dollars, would you pose nude or appear in a porn film?
I somebody can stomach seeing me naked (I guess some people may be into fat & hairy) and they’re willing to pay me that much money just to take a few pictures, then I’m game! (But porn film = No)
12. ELECTRIC BARBARELLA: “People say they heard about our deviation. But you never looked so good. Wear the fake fur for me and put on your mystery”
Have you ever worn real fur or would you if it were a gift?
Only if it was a hat like the one in my current picture.
(I took the picture because I'm not willing to shell-out that much money for a fur hat!)
13. COME UNDONE: “Mine, immaculate dream, made breath and skin, I've been waiting for you, Signed, with a home tattoo, Happy birthday to you was created for you”
Do you have a tattoo and if so, please describe it. If you don’t, describe what you would get if you changed your mind about it.
No tattoos yet... I still haven’t sold myself on a design that I know would still look cool when I’m 80. But I have an idea for a ‘dragon-scorpion’- that, or maybe a whitetail deer. (And no, it won’t say “Nice rack!”)