August 24, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness: Angelina Jolie
1. “All women do have a different sense of sexuality, or sense of fun, or sense of like what's sexy or cool or tough.” What do you do to feel sexy?
I don’t think there’s anything special I ‘do’ to feel sexy, other than occasionally paying a little more attention to the daily grooming ritual or trying to pick out ‘nicer’ clothes. It’s hard enough for me just to maintain a sort of ‘sexiness plateau’ (not exactly a high mesa) without trying for more.
2. “I don't think the money people in Hollywood have ever thought I was normal, but I am dedicated to my work and that's what counts.” Do you think people think you are normal?
Hell no! But who wants to be 'normal' anyway? Normal = Boring.
3. “If you ask people what they've always wanted to do, most people haven't done it. That breaks my heart.” What have you always wanted to do?
I’ve always wanted to travel the world - something I’m not in a financial position to do just yet. (If Angelina’s so heartbroken about it, she could always pay for my trip!)
By the way, exactly why does she get so broke up about this? The question itself implies that any response MUST be something the person HASN’T done yet! And that doesn’t mean that they’ll NEVER do it!
(What sometimes breaks my heart is the STUPIDITY of some celebrities!)
4. “There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now.” What do you appreciate the most about your life at this time?
I try to appreciate everything. I’ve got a wonderful family. All the bills get paid on time. I’ve got good health insurance and my health is pretty good. There’s food in the cupboard, fridge and freezer. I’m employed, full-time. I’m a VERY lucky man!
5. “Where ever I am I always find myself looking out the window wishing I was somewhere else.” If you could be somewhere else, where would you be and why?
I’d be out somewhere fishing, because I never get to go as often as I would like.
6. “I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world.” Have you ever felt that you need more sex to be happier?
Ever? Sure, when I was younger. But now, since I get all the sex I want, I don’t feel I need more.
7. “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me.” Have you ever made a fool of yourself? If yes, spill.
In school I once wrote a cute girl’s name on my desk. One of her friends saw it and told her. (Blush!)
8. “I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” How often do you feel guilty?
Only if I’ve done something to hurts another person’s feelings. That’s the worst!
9. “I never like being touched, ever. People used to say I held my breath when they were hugging me. I still do.” Are you ever uncomfortable being touched?
Not very often. I come from a family of huggers and everybody hugs each other, so there’s lots of contact between people. Sometimes it’s a bit awkward to hug somebody I don’t know that well, but usually there’s a good reason so I manage.
(I’m confused. On one hand Angelina says, “I need more sex” - on the other she says, “I never like being touched, ever.” So, she wants more sex BUT doesn’t want to be touched?)
10. “Oh, God, I struggle with low self-esteem all the time! I think everyone does. I have so much wrong with me, it's unbelievable!” Give us an example of what you’ve done when feeling low self-esteem.
I'd make fun of others, sometimes in a mean way, but that was a high school thing. I'll still poke fun at someone on occastion, but now I do it without any malice.
If you have a request for a celebrity to use, please leave the suggestion in the comment section at Wednesday Wickedness!